Thursday, May 1, 2014

Wonderflex, Styrene, Friendly Plastic, and Fosshape.

Wonderflex:

I've just discovered something that seems really interesting. This is called Wonderflex. From what I've read, it's basically like fabric, the only difference is that it's made of plastic and self-adhesive to what you're creating. When it's heated up, you can mold, shape, and create fine detail the way you like.

Now, I've personally have never used this before, so I can't say from personal experience, just yet. I am however going to try this out with my future cosplay, Gun Mage Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2. I'll use this to create her special gun. Here's a basic video that would help better understand how it's used and what it does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzugTUjmIJI


Friendly Plastic:

As I was reading what the Wonderflex does and how it acts, I found something else that caught my eye as well. This material is called Friendly Plastic. In terms of this, I think it's some sort of coating for that extra professional look to it when you use the Wonderflex. It says here that it used to come in stick, but now it comes in Pellets and it's kind of cool looking when you look at the examples.

What this person did is that they created a Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children shoulder piece just to give an example and it looks great!

All I can say for now is that here's an awesome website that tells you what Wonderflex is all about, along with other useful items.

http://www.cosplaysupplies.com/tutorials/wonderflex

Anyway, I hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment