Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Material Fact: Rubber Cement

Fact:



Okay, I've been using this rubber cement this whole entire semester and it works like wonders for me. Let me tell you why.



If you want a project that has to do with cutting paper and you want it to look professional, then just follow the three different ways on how to apply it and what the end result would be.



1. Dry Mounting

2. Wet Mounting

3. A Combination of Wet and Dry Mounting



I've tested all three. If you want a secure perminant stay, then Dry Mounting will be your best bet because you apply it both on the front and the back.

If you want a little movement and want it to dry in place where you want it to. then Wet Mounting is the way to go because it's not as perminant as Wet Mounting is. It'll eventually dry in place, but some movement can be a good thing at times if by any chance that the object is not where you want it. All you do here is apply only on one side of the object and let it dry. BE CAREFUL TO APPLY THE RUBBER CEMENT ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE OBJECT!!!!!!! Trust me, I've been down that road sometime before so I know what not to do.

The Combination of Wet And Dry Mounting has a cool effect to it. It has the bond of Wet Mounting and the allowance of some freedom of the Dry Mounting.

Tip:

Let's say your project is turning out totally awsome and you feel this weird texture from applying the rubber cement, what now? Well.... I want to introduce you to another awsome little friend called the Rubber Cement eraser. All it does is erase whatever dried rubber cement that is one your project. It makes it like the rubber cement was never even there. I use it all of the time. It'll also make your project even more professional looking.

Now, I've shared another artist little friend, or friends for that matter. I hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment